miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2018

Post 4: 7 pricipals for building better cities

First of all, I like TED Talks, I think that everyone have an interesting conversation independent of the topic that they were talking about. TED Talks can provide a lot to our lives.
According to the class, Today I'm talking about Peter Calthorpe's Ted Talk. He was an architect and urbanism from the USA, and he talks about ''7 principals for building better cities''; that principals were according to the climate change that we, as planet, are living today. he says that we as society aren't concerned about contamination at all, we don't think about what can happen in the future if we live how we live rigth now. For that reason, he thinks that urban desinge is so important to the way that the people live, and that can change a lot of contamination problems. For example, he says that in California is a city for cars and not for walkers, and in that moment an urbanism chege could be so helpful. Calthorpe thikns that walking, biking and transit can chage the world if we know how to use them in a good way.
According to the 7 principals, he mentions; preserve the environment, mix different kinds of transports, walking, biking, connect in a good way differents points inside of the city, ride and just focus on the transit.
I agree with him, I think that the actual society are so inconsistent about the damage that we do to our planet everyday, we should be more ecologist, not just for use, for the future generation too.


4 comentarios:

Post 6: Postgraduate studies

I'm the kind of person who is usually distracted, I'm always thinking about new thigs that I want to do in a future, I mean, for exa...